An auditor plays a vital function in reinforcing the reliability of financial information by assessing the financial statements of the company and making sure that the information fairly presents the financial condition and past performance of the company.
Estimated Reading Time: 1 minute
Step 1: From the Company tab navigate to Company Admin and under Actions, click on Appoint Auditor.
Step 2: In the box that pops up, you are required to input the IRBA Number for the auditor. Their details will then be pre-populated, you can however still edit the details. Click Next to continue.
Step 3: Next, stipulate the date of appointment, and in the Appointment box, select the Auditor option then proceed to select the Professional Body. Click Save to continue.
Step 4: InfoDocs will automatically generate a Resolution and Consent to Act. Download and save these documents, or find them in the Template Library later, then click Submit to CIPC.
Step 5: In order to finalise this appointment, send the following documents to email@example.com:
- Verified/Certified ID – Newly appointed auditor
- Proof of Address – Newly appointed auditor
- Ordinary Resolution – Auditor Appoitment (to be signed by the Board)
- Consent to Act as Auditor – to be signed by the company secretary)
- Auditor Change – COR44 (to be signed by an existing director)
For more detailed information regarding the finalisation of this appointment, please see the CIPC article on the subject here.