A company is required by law to appoint a Company Secretary within 40 days of the date of incorporation. The appointed individual must be a permanent resident of South Africa.
Appointing a Company Secretary is easy with InfoDocs.
Step 1: Simply navigate to the Directors tab and under Actions, click on Appoint Officer.
Step 2: In the box that pops up, you can either search for an individual already on your profile, or manually enter the details of the person being appointed. Click Next to continue.
Step 3: Next, stipulate the date of appointment, and in the Appointment box, select the Company Secretary option. Click Save to continue.
Step 4: InfoDocs will automatically generate a Resolution and Consent to Act as Company Secretary and the COR44 form. Download and save these documents, or find them in the Template Library later, then click Submit to CIPC.
Step 5: In order to finalise this appointment, send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Verified/Certified ID – Newly appointed company secretary
- Proof of Address – Newly appointed company secretary
- Ordinary Resolution – Company Secretary Appointment of (to be signed by the Board)
- Consent to Act as Company Secretary – to be signed by the company secretary)
- Company Secretary Change – COR44 (to be signed by an existing director)
For more detailed information regarding the finalisation of this appointment, please see the CIPC article on the subject here.